Real Food Toolbox Tips:
It's tomato season. And my CSA is chock full of these luscious beauties 🍅 We LOVE these gems 😍 But can't eat them quick enough. So a day or so before picking up our next CSA, I'll roast what we have left in the oven. Flavors become more concentrated. Great way to keep enjoying these sweetly savory delights.
AND roasted tomatoes make a fantastic base for my Bloody Mary Mix🍹 🙌🏽 👏🏽 ❤️ This recipe is available only to Subscribers to the Blog. So if you are interested, please CLICK HERE 👉🏽 Subscribe.
All of the equipment listed is available on my 👉🏽 Amazon Store* 😉 And if you purchase anything by using that link, you will be supporting this Blog. So THANK YOU 😍
Rimmed Baking Sheet, Parchment Paper, Large Bowl, Cutting Board, Knife
Fresh Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
Optional: Crushed Garlic, Chopped Fresh Herbs
Preheat Oven to 450
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cleanup is easier. And using an aluminum sheet, the paper can protect the tomatoes from reacting with the pan.
- Cut tomatoes in half or thick chunks -- try to make slices of even thickness. But no worries if not perfect. I prefer to leave stems on, but your choice.
- Place slices in bowl. Drizzle EVOO, Salt & Pepper. Optional to add crushed garlic & basil (or fresh herbs of choice). Toss to season all slices.
- Spread slices on baking sheet -- Cut sides up. Careful not to overcrowd -- need to allow moisture to escape. Use 2 sheets or roast in batches, if needed. Drizzle any remaining EVOO over slices.
- Place in oven. Check after 20 minutes or so, then another 15 more or less until lightly dried but not charred. Turn off oven and leave in for 15 minutes or so. It's hard to over roast, but do keep checking if this is your first time. You'll get a sense of the timing after a batch or two.
- When ready to store, don't forget to scrape all those blackened bits and EVOO remnants from the parchment over tops of the tomatoes. That's some savory, yummy goodness you don't want to miss!
Interested in learning more about the Real Food and Paleo Movement or finding the right cookbooks to help you throughout your Real Food Journey? What about products -- do you need any kitchen equipment, gadgets, or appliances? Is your pantry stocked with nut flours, coconut flours, healthy fats, and other Real Food flavorings to make tasty nutritious meals?
I created an Amazon Store loaded with all of my recommendations 👊🏽💪🏽🙌🏽 Click Here 👉🏽 Realistic FoodEs Amazon Store* to start shopping.
And as always, if you have any questions about these products, please feel free to Contact me 🤗😘😍❤️