Looking for a fabulous Sunday Brunch? Or a substantial meal -- anytime, any day? Try this Bacon-Egg Burger with wilted spinach on a gluten-free flatbread. Except for the flatbread, this meal is locally sourced (Extra Bonus Points), and every bite is a burst of Real!
- Spinach and Burger Patty from Elmwood Stock Farm (Georgetown, KY)
- Bacon from Pike Valley Farm (Lancaster, KY)
- Chelsey's Gourmet Pasture Eggs (Dutch Creek Farm located in Pleasureville, KY, but bought eggs at Good Foods Co-Op Market & Cafe)
REAL FOOD TOOLBOX TIPS:
This is a "clean out my fridge" kind of meal. The Wilted Spinach, Avocado Oil Mayo, and Bacon (crispy and oven "fried") were already prepared. But not enough for a substantial meal. And the Burgers, Flatbread, and Eggs were also just chillin' -- waiting to be consumed.
Here's the order of preparation:
- Pan-sear the burgers.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the bacon to reheat.
- Fry the flatbread in a skillet - and microwave the spinach.
- Assemble all of the above.
- Fry the eggs (over easy), and layer them on top.
- Ta-Da! Grab the forks and knives - Brunch is now served!!
Don't have a particular ingredient - or don't like an ingredient? No worries, this is Recipe Improv!! And the beauty of Freestyle Cooking is to substitute at will. So go ahead. Have fun, and Express yourself 😀
You can find equipment you might need in my 👉🏽 Amazon Store* 😉 And if you purchase anything by using that link, you will be supporting this Blog. So THANK YOU 😍
If you decide to adapt this meal to your taste, here's a few thoughts to keep in mind:
- Always include a layer of veggies, and a layer of protein (meat or vegan, whatever your preference).
- A savory component adds a dimension of flavor. I use bacon, which also provides another layer of texture.
- The egg yolks and avocado oil mayo enhances this meal with a burst of smooth, luscious, rich "POP" and "ZIP" that just makes you feel happy! Pestos, hot sauce, mustards, dressings - these can all achieve the same result if other flavors are more appealing or more readily available to you.
Use ingredients that you already have or like better. Experiment to find the right combination of flavors that make you happy. Finding your own burst of YUM? Now that's Empowerment!!
What did you make the last time you "cleaned out your fridge"? Post Comments to share your experience.
Keep Eating Real, Folks. Just Keep Eating Real.
Interested in learning more about the Real Food and Paleo Movement or finding the right cookbooks to help you throughout your Real Food Journey? What about products -- do you need any kitchen equipment, gadgets, or appliances? Is your pantry stocked with nut flours, coconut flours, healthy fats, and other Real Food flavorings to make tasty nutritious meals?
I created an Amazon Store loaded with all of my recommendations 👊🏽💪🏽🙌🏽 Click Here 👉🏽 Realistic FoodEs Amazon Store* to start shopping.
And as always, if you have any questions about these products, please feel free to Contact me 🤗😘😍❤️