8 Days Down. 13 left to go :-)
Here is my Daily Success Log Entry for July 25th. Note: Food portions are approximations. Veggies are local. Meat is local, 100% grass-fed and pasture-raised. Poultry & Eggs are local & pasture-raised:
- Sleep Time & Quality: 7 hours.
- Exercise: 6,621 Steps (2.6 Miles) and 15 Hours of Good Posture. Morning walk w/ Tim & Boys.
- Mood & Energy: Good
- Breakfast: Egg Scramble: 2 Eggs, 1/4-C Browned Ground Beef, 1/2 Cup sautéed power greens, avocados.
- Lunch: Egg Salad w/ Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Shredded Cabbage & Carrots. Homemade Avocado Oil Mayo.
- Dinner: Kale Salad w/ Pan-seared Chicken Beast, Granny Smith Apples, Yellow Squash & Toasted Walnuts. Balsamic Vinegar & EVOO
- Snacks: 1/4-C Roasted Pistachios
- Notes: First time I had sugar cravings. I took a short walk around my backyard to combat them. And that did the trick :-)
Are You Ready?
I ran into a friend today who asked about my sugar detox. And about the Program, in general. So I wanted to share more information. Hopefully this will inspire you to take the challenge :-)
Let me start by saying -- I love kicking sugar to the curb! So much in this world is out of our control. It's empowering to be in control of what we eat. And to fight back the cravings.
Tim & I have detoxed from sugar before, but did it on our own. Much better to do this within the structure of a Program because of all the supportive materials. I'll discuss this in a moment.
I've researched other sugar detox program too. And I chose The 21DSD because it is consistent with the Realistic FoodEs philosophy. There are no gimmicks, no magic pills or powders, or magic potions, for that matter. No weighing of food, or worrying about portions, or counting points or calories. And no special food to buy.
Except for eliminating sugar, this is not a restrictive diet plan. All you do is spend 21 days eating fresh, whole, delicious Real Food. YUM!!
There are 3 Program Levels based on where you are in your Real Food journey. Just answer a few questions to learn which Level is right for you. Tim & I are following Level 3. There are also modifications if you are an athlete, pescetarian, someone with an autoimmune condition, pregnant or breastfeeding.
The Program offers so much support: Meal Plans & Shopping Lists for every Level. Daily Detox Emails, Audio Support Series, and Community Forums and Support.
There are also 3 Pricing Options:
- $37 (Online Membership with the Support resources listed above)
- $57 (Online Membership with the Support Resources listed above AND The 21DSD Guidebook)
- $77 (Online Membership with the Support Resources listed above, The 21DSD Guidebook, ADN The 21DSD Cookbook)
The Daily Emails offer simple meal recommendations and a featured recipe. In case you are not following the meal plans in the printed books. Because I decided to promote this Program, I bought the $77 Membership. But you'll get plenty of support with the $37 Membership. So whichever fits within your budget.
The 21DSD will help you to . . .
- Kick your sugar cravings to the curb, for good.
- Look better, feel, better and think more clearly.
- Experience more accountability and individualized support.
- Embark on this journey together with your family.
- Clean up your diet to and reach the next level with your athletic performance.
Are you ready to do this? Well you are if you . . .
- Crave sugar (candy, sweets, chocolate) all day, every day -- or even a few times a week. ++
- Crave carbohydrates, including bread, cereal, oatmeal, pasta, rice, pastries, sandwiches, wraps, breakfast bars, etc.
- Feel the need for something sweet with every meal of snack.
- Experience spikes and dips in energy levels throughout the day. ++
- Often feel tired when you wake up in the morning. ++
- Drink alcoholic beverages daily or multiple times per week. ++
- Are trying to burn body fat. ++
- Are following a low-fat, whole-grain-rich diet that just isn't working.
- Feel unsatisfied or hungry shortly after eating or graze on snacks every 2 to 3 hours.
- Follow a clean-eating type of lifestyle (Paleo, primal, low-carb, vegetarian, Weston Price, real food, etc.), but still get carb or sugar cravings. ++
I added the ++ next to the factors that motivated us to take up this challenge. Before doing this detox, we were under the illusion that we were staying very true to our Real Food ideology. But as I record entries in my Daily Success Log, I realize how much we had regressed. Sugar and other "bad apples" had been lurking in the hidden recesses of our plates. Some of our choices were intentional detours. Others had snuck on board while we were not looking. Just goes to show you what can happen when you let your guard down and hit the pause on mindful eating.
To help you get ready, the Program provides a 7-Day Preparation Checklist. So if you are interested, I recommend joining the Program as least 1 week before you plan on starting. You set your own start date.
And the 1st Monday of each month is an Official Monthly Group Kick Off Date. If you like camaraderie, this may be a great option. The next group kick off is August 1st. But you can take the challenge anytime. Tim & I started our detox during the middle of the month because it was the right time for us.
It is important to consider the right time to do this. If you'll be traveling, or have a special event, or any other activity within the 21 day timeframe that may derail your detox. It may be best to wait until after the coast is clear and you can make this your priority.
Kick Sugar To The Curb!
If you decide to take this challenge, please let me know. I have received so much support and positive energy from you all. That I would like to return the favor :-)